Sunday, July 12, 2009

America’s Got Talent Kevin Skinner gets you for real


America’s Got Talent Kevin Skinner has that voice and the expression which gnaws at the emotions. He sings so good like soul musician Michael Bolton who gets you carried away to the last syllable of his music. When I heard Kevin Skinner on U Tube at his audition with America’s Got Talent, I can’t help crying.

The raw emotional tone of his voice along with the emotive tugs of his face and his expressive eyes just got me moved I was shedding tears admiring the guy and everything of him from a chicken catcher to a talented musician. I guess the melancholy of the song also did it. Kevin Skinner got the crowd wide-eyed and mouths gaping at such a talented soul. What more, he got “America's Got Talent" judges Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne, and David Hasselhoff giving him their nods for him to go for the next round.

Fred Dame Jr at Seacoastonlin.com says, “shame on me to make a judgment on Skinner's talent based on the fact that he was from the back woods of Kentucky, a former chicken catcher and giving off a persona much like a country bumpkin.”
Fred goes on to say:

“I was terribly wrong, so wrong! Never judge a book by its cover ran through my mind, as Kevin Skinner opened his mouth and began strumming his guitar. Skinner gave a performance that mesmerized the audience and caused jaws to drop at the judges desk.

The audience was paralyzed and I nearly fell out of my seat. This man could sing and everyone was glued to every note of the song. I cannot say enough in this review to do this man justice.

Go to the America's got Talent website on NBC.com, and see for yourself if you weren't privy to last night's show. A simple man, with a simple song brought the house down and landed him a spot in the next round.

It's my belief and I am sure that of everyone there, that Kevin Skinner will go on to possibly win this competition. Watch this guy! I will not be surprised to see him standing on that stage in the finals, later this summer!”

Kevin Skinner, 35, is an unemployed farmer from Mayfield Kentucky who had years of catching chickens for a liveihood. Back home, he played music with a band called Lemon Bent.

A genuine soul, you can hear it from his song.

No comments: